Monday 9 October 2017

About a plug-in providing native Apex functionality

This Saturday I published a plug-in on apex.world to create subheaders in a classic report. I got the idea while developing a long report and it seemed like a good idea to create a plugin for it to wrap and parameterize the JavaScript code. I searched the internet for the existence of such a plug-in and found nothing.
So I set out to create the plug-in. After finishing it I wrote a blogpost and added it to the plug-in repository on apex.world. And I proudly tweeted about it.
Pretty soon I got a reply from Peter Raganitz: "Wouldn’t a control break do just that?".

I set out to check this and.. he is absolutely right. This functionality is available in Apex in a declarative way!




The only extra needed is a small CSS definition for the visuals of the headers:


.apex_report_break {
  1. background-colorlightgrey!important;
  2. font-weightbold;
  3. font-size12px;

No comments: